1. Boil the potatoes and once they’re cooked, grate them and keep them aside. Boil the tamarind, dates, sugar, and red chilli powder together and add a little water for the chutney. Strain it, but make sure the mixture is thick.
2. Make a fine paste of coriander, mint, and garlic. Mix the paste with the boiled potatoes and add all the spices to it. Sauté the mixture till all the moisture is absorbed. Cut the sugarcane into thin sticks and put the potato mixture on one side of it in the shape of candy, covered with panko crumb. Deep fry this and serve it with tamarind chutney.
Trio of Dessert
|For Double Ka Meetha:
For Crispy Kalakand:
filo pastry sheets
For Apple Kheer:
1. For Double Ka Meetha, cut the bread into cubes and fry them in ghee till they turn golden brown. Make sugar syrup along with the saffron. Add the fried bread to a baking tray and pour sugar syrup over it. Cover it with khoya and bake for five minutes. Garnish with chopped pistachio.
2. For Crispy Kalakand: grease three sheets of filo pastry with butter and stack them one on top of the other. Cut the kalakand into squares and place them in the centre of the sheets. Gather it together like a potli and freeze it for 30 minutes. Bake it at 160°C for 10 minutes.
3. For Apple Kheer: thinly slice the apple, dip it into sugar syrup and dry it to make it crisp. Grate the apple and cook it with the sugar syrup. Reduce the milk with sugar to make a thick rabdi. Add the cooked apple to it and garnish with apple crisp.