freshly crushed garam masala
2 inch piece
1. Clean the crab properly under cold running water and set it aside to drain completely. Then marinate it with turmeric powder, crushed pepper, lemon juice, and salt for 30 minutes. In a large tawa, heat oil and add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
2. Add a pinch of hing, ginger, and garlic, and sauté it for a few minutes. Then add the green chilli, shallots, and onions, and sauté till its soft and done, then add the garam masala and sauté it for a few more minutes.
3. Finally, add the tomatoes and sauté until they are softened and the oil separates. Add the crabs and salt and sauté well on high heat for a few minutes. Make sure the crab is fully covered in masala. Add a little water, cover it, and cook till done. Garnish it with curry leaves.
yellow curry paste
deep fried eggplant
chopped spring onion
1. To prepare the poached barramundi, take oil in a pan, add yellow curry paste and sauté. Now add turmeric powder, stir, and add coconut milk. Then add bruised lemongrass and allow it to simmer. Finish with sauce and sugar and add the fish fillet and allow it to poach.
2. To prepare sambal prawn, heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion, garlic, and sauté. Add prawns and fried and cooked eggplant and then sauté further. Stir in diluted tomato paste and chilli sambal. Season it with sugar and fish sauce and toss with spring onions.
3. Mould the prepared prawn sambal in a three inch wide ring mould in a deep paste plate. Top it with the poached fish fillet and pour the reduced curry on the side. Garnish it with a salad of mixed mizuna leaves, basil sprigs, and coriander sprigs.